35+ Years As An Aquarist
Alison Page has been an avid fish keeper since she was about 12 years old and has over 35 years of experience. She started off with a simple 10-gallon aquarium setup and two goldfish called Mister and Missus, although she never actually knew which was which!
For her 15th birthday, she was given a tropical fish setup, complete with tetras, guppies, and dwarf gouramis. She was hooked! To date, she has owned many different species of freshwater tropical fish, including cichlids, discus, bettas and piranhas. She’s also successfully raised numerous spawns of kribensis cichlids and bettas.
Alison currently has two large freshwater tanks. The first tank has two huge fancy goldfish who are almost ten years old and still looking as good as ever. In the other, she has a happy community of tiger barbs, green tiger barbs, Corydoras catfish, platys, and mollies.
Read More From Alison Page
- Aquarium Light VS Grow LightWhat’s the difference between aquarium lights and grow lights? Read this guide to learn the differences and similarities between them.
- Aquarium Catfish – Types and Care GuidesWhat are the best freshwater catfish species that you can keep in your home aquarium, and which should you avoid? Read this guide to find out!
- How To Tell If Your Aquarium Snail Is Dead Or Just SleepingHow can you tell if your aquarium snail is dead or sleeping? Read this guide to learn how to spot the difference between a snoozing snail and a dead one.
- Aquarium Salt Vs Epsom Salt Vs Sea Salt Vs Table SaltWhat’s the difference between aquarium salt, Epsom salt, sea salt, and table salt? Read this guide to learn the differences and similarities between them.
- Terrarium VS. Aquarium VS. Vivarium – Differences ExplainedWhat’s the difference between a terrarium, aquarium, and vivarium? Read this guide to learn the differences and similarities between them.
- Pygmy Cory vs Dwarf Cory – What’s The Difference?What’s the difference between a pygmy corydoras catfish and a dwarf corydoras catfish? Read this guide to learn the differences between the two.
- Best Low-Maintenance Floating Aquarium Plants For Your TankWhat are the best low-maintenance floating aquarium plants for a home fish tank? Read this article to find out.
- Chinese Algae Eater (Gyrinocheilus aymonieri) – Care GuideThe Chinese Algae Eater (Gyrinocheilus aymonieri) is one of the most helpful aquarium fish. Here’s the ultimate care guide for this cute, clean-up crew member.
- Refugium VS Sump: What’s The Difference?What’s best for your aquarium, a refugium or a sump? Read this guide to find out and learn the differences between the two.
- Dwarf Hairgrass: Planting, Carpeting, And CareDwarf hairgrass is a beautiful aquarium plant. Read this guide to find out how to plant, grow, and care for dwarf hairgrass.
- Tips For Dealing With Cloudy Aquarium WaterIs your aquarium water cloudy? Read this guide to find out why fish tank water goes cloudy and learn how to cure the problem.
- Electric Blue Acara – Care Guide, Behavior, and DietThe Electric Blue Acara is one of the most beautiful cichlid varieties of aquarium fish. Here’s the ultimate care guide for this stunning species.
- Neon Tetra – Diet, Temperament, And Care GuideThe Neon tetra is a bright and beautiful home aquarium favorite. Here’s the ultimate care guide for this charming species.
- Best Aquarium (Siphon) Vacuum Cleaner For All Tank SizesWhat is an aquarium siphon vacuum cleaner? Read this article to learn how to get your fish tank gravel super-clean, super-quick!
- Best Place To Buy Live Fish OnlineWhere’s the best place to buy live fish online? Find out everything you need to know in our guide to the best online fish stores.
- Best Aquarium Stands To Save Your Tank From DamageWhat’s the best aquarium stand to save your tank from damage? Are cheap aquarium stands really a good buy? Read this article to find out.