35+ Years As An Aquarist
Alison Page has been an avid fish keeper since she was about 12 years old and has over 35 years of experience. She started off with a simple 10-gallon aquarium setup and two goldfish called Mister and Missus, although she never actually knew which was which!
For her 15th birthday, she was given a tropical fish setup, complete with tetras, guppies, and dwarf gouramis. She was hooked! To date, she has owned many different species of freshwater tropical fish, including cichlids, discus, bettas and piranhas. She’s also successfully raised numerous spawns of kribensis cichlids and bettas.
Alison currently has two large freshwater tanks. The first tank has two huge fancy goldfish who are almost ten years old and still looking as good as ever. In the other, she has a happy community of tiger barbs, green tiger barbs, Corydoras catfish, platys, and mollies.
Read More From Alison Page
- Shubunkin Goldfish – Tank Size, Care, Health And LifespanThe Shubunkin Goldfish (Carassius auratus auratus) is a beautiful multicolored variety of Goldfish that are popular as family pets. Read our guide to Shubunkin care!
- Cardinal Tetra (Paracheirodon axelrodi) Care GuideThe Cardinal tetra is a brightly colored, active fish that can bring vibrancy and life to your community tank. Read this guide to discover how to care for them.
- Reticulated Hillstream Loach (Sewellia Lineolata) – Care GuideThe Reticulated Hillstream Loach (Sewellia Lineolata) is a bottom-dwelling fish that makes a unique addition to your aquarium. Here’s how to care for these unusual loaches.
- Black Skirt Tetra (Gymnocorymbus Ternetzi) Care GuideThe Black Skirt tetra is a beautiful fish that can bring a little monochrome glamor to your setup. Read this guide on how to care for them!
- Zebra Loach (Botia striata) – Profile, Mates, And Care GuideThe Zebra loach (Botia striata) is an attractive tropical fish that makes a great addition to a peaceful community tank. Here’s how to care for them.
- Oranda Goldfish – Care, Lifespan, Size, and Other Fascinating FactsThe Oranda Goldfish (Carassius auratus auratus) is an extremely popular variety of coldwater fish that many families around the world keep as pets. Here’s our care guide.
- Guide To Selling Betta FishIf you want to raise bettas for profit, you need to know how to sell your fish. Read this article to learn the requirements for fish breeding and selling bettas.
- Best Quiet Aquarium Filter – Silence And Efficiency CombinedWhat is the quietest aquarium filter? Read this article to learn what filter to choose so that you can enjoy a super-clean, silent tank!
- Dojo Loach (Misgurnus anguillicaudatus) – Mates and CareThe Dojo Loach (Misgurnus anguillicaudatus) is a talented tropical fish that can give you a weather forecast! Here’s how to care for them.
- Best Fish For A 20-Gallon Tank And How Many Can You Fit?What are the best fish for a 20-gallon tank? And how many fish can you fit in a 20-gallon aquarium? Find out in this comprehensive guide!
- Roseline Shark (Denison Barb) – Tank Mates and Care GuideThe Rosaline Shark or Denison Barb (Sahyadria denisonii) is a beautiful, active fish that makes an unusual community tank member. Here’s how to care for them.
- Rainbow Shark (Epalzeorhynchos Frenatum) Care GuideThe Rainbow Shark (Epalzeorhynchos Frenatum) is a beautiful fish that makes an exciting addition to a community tank. Here’s how to care for these creatures.
- Kuhli Loach (Pangio Kuhlii) – Habitat, Diet And CareThe Kuhli loach (Pangio Kuhlii) is a bottom-dwelling fish that works hard to clean your tank for you. Here’s how to care for these attractive loaches.
- Sailfin Pleco (Pterygoplichthys Gibbiceps) – Care GuideThe Sailfin pleco (Pterygoplichthys Gibbiceps) is one of the most helpful aquarium fish! Here’s the ultimate care guide for this attractive, algae-eating fish.
- Best Fish for A 5-Gallon Tank and How Many Can You Fit?What are the best fish for a 5-gallon tank? And how many fishes can you fit in a 5-gallon aquarium? Find out in our comprehensive guide!
- Best Place to Buy Guppies OnlineWhere’s the best place to buy guppies online? Read our guide to the best online guppy dealers and fish stores to find out!