35+ Years As An Aquarist
Alison Page has been an avid fish keeper since she was about 12 years old and has over 35 years of experience. She started off with a simple 10-gallon aquarium setup and two goldfish called Mister and Missus, although she never actually knew which was which!
For her 15th birthday, she was given a tropical fish setup, complete with tetras, guppies, and dwarf gouramis. She was hooked! To date, she has owned many different species of freshwater tropical fish, including cichlids, discus, bettas and piranhas. She’s also successfully raised numerous spawns of kribensis cichlids and bettas.
Alison currently has two large freshwater tanks. The first tank has two huge fancy goldfish who are almost ten years old and still looking as good as ever. In the other, she has a happy community of tiger barbs, green tiger barbs, Corydoras catfish, platys, and mollies.
Read More From Alison Page
- Christmas Moss Vs. Java Moss: Which Should I Get For My Tank?What’s the difference between Christmas Moss and Java Moss? Read this article to find out everything you need to know.
- Wisteria Vs. Water Sprite: What’s The Difference?What’s the difference between Wisteria and Water Sprite? Are they the same plant? Read this article to find out!
- Riparium Vs. Paludarium – Interesting FactsWhat’s the difference between a riparium and a paludarium? Read this article for the full low-down.
- Mosquitofish Vs. Guppy: Are They The Same?Are Mosquitofish and Guppies the same fish but with different names? Read this guide to find out.
- Best Methods To Safely Lower pH In Your AquariumMost tropical fish need a preferred water pH range to thrive. Here are the best methods to safely lower the pH in your aquarium.
- Where Is The Best Place To Buy Aquarium Plants?Living plants are excellent for the health of your fish tank, and they look great, too. Read this guide to find out the best place to buy aquarium plants.
- How To Identify Male Vs. Female GuppiesHow can you tell the difference between male and female Fancy Guppies? That’s what you need to know if you want to breed them. Read this guide to find out!
- A Simple Guide On How To Cycle Your Fish TankHow do you cycle your new fish tank before you add your fish? Read this simple beginner’s guide to find out!
- Honey Gourami – Tankmates, Size, Feeding, and CareThe Honey gourami is a beautiful tropical fish that can add a gorgeous pop of color to a peaceful community setup. Read this guide to learn how to care for them.
- Male Vs. Female Angelfish: How To Tell Them ApartHow can you tell the difference between male and female Angelfish? That’s what you need to know if you want to breed them. Read this guide to find out!
- Best Tropical Fish Foods: High-Quality Brands To ConsiderA correct, high-quality diet is essential for a thriving, healthy community of tropical fish. Read this guide to discover the best tropical fish foods today!
- 20 Common Goldfish Diseases: Causes And TreatmentsGoldfish are family favorites as pets, but they do get sick sometimes. Read this guide to learn how to recognize, treat, and prevent 20 common goldfish diseases.
- 9 Best Aquarium Plant Fertilizers: Which One Is Right For Your Tank?What are the best aquarium plant fertilizers for thriving, healthy plants? Read this guide to find out!
- What Do Freshwater Shrimp Eat In A Tank And In The Wild?What do freshwater shrimp eat in captivity and in the wild environment? Read this guide to find out what you should feed your tank-kept shrimp pets.
- Dwarf Gourami – Tankmates, Diseases, Size, And CareThe Dwarf gourami is small but beautiful, adding a gorgeous pop of color to a peaceful community aquarium. Read this guide to learn how to care for them.
- Best Aquarium Bacteria Supplements For A Healthy EnvironmentWhat are the best aquarium bacteria supplements for a healthy environment for your fish? Read this guide to find out!