35+ Years As An Aquarist
Alison Page has been an avid fish keeper since she was about 12 years old and has over 35 years of experience. She started off with a simple 10-gallon aquarium setup and two goldfish called Mister and Missus, although she never actually knew which was which!
For her 15th birthday, she was given a tropical fish setup, complete with tetras, guppies, and dwarf gouramis. She was hooked! To date, she has owned many different species of freshwater tropical fish, including cichlids, discus, bettas and piranhas. She’s also successfully raised numerous spawns of kribensis cichlids and bettas.
Alison currently has two large freshwater tanks. The first tank has two huge fancy goldfish who are almost ten years old and still looking as good as ever. In the other, she has a happy community of tiger barbs, green tiger barbs, Corydoras catfish, platys, and mollies.
Read More From Alison Page
- What Do Fish Eat? Carnivores, Herbivores, And OmnivoresFeeding your fish correctly is essential for their health and vitality. But what do fish eat? Read this guide to find out!
- Dropsy In Betta Fish – Symptoms And TreatmentDropsy is a serious condition that can affect betta fish. Read this guide to find out what causes dropsy and how to cure it.
- Epsom Salt Bath for Betta Guide And FAQsHow can Epsom salts be used to help your betta fish? Read this guide to learn all about Epsom salt baths for your betta.
- Betta Popeye – Causes, Symptoms, And TreatmentWhat is Popeye, and how can it affect your betta fish? Read this comprehensive guide to find out what causes Popeye and how to treat it.
- Can Betta Fish Hear And Do They Recognize Voices?Can betta fish hear underwater? And does your betta buddy recognize his owner’s voice? Read this fascinating article to find out!
- Why Is My Betta Fish Turning White?Did you know that betta fish can change color? So, why is your betta fish turning white? Read this guide to find out.
- 17 Tips To Have A Happy Betta FishYou want your betta buddy to be a happy fish, right? Read this guide to discover 17 tips to have a happy betta fish.
- Columnaris Betta (Cotton Wool) – Symptoms & TreatmentWhat’s that fluffy white growth on your betta? Read this guide to learn how to prevent, treat, and cure Columnaris in betta fish.
- 17 Easiest Fish to Breed in AquariumsWhat are the easiest fish to breed in aquariums? Read this guide to discover 17 species that you can raise in your home fish tank.
- 43 Types Of Molly Fish – Varieties And Care GuideMolly fish are an extremely popular tropical aquarium fish species that are easy and fun to keep. Read this guide to discover 43 types of Mollies!
- Are Guppies and Mollies Compatible Tank Mates?Guppies and Mollies are both extremely popular tropical aquarium fish that are suitable for beginners. But are Guppies and Mollies compatible as tank mates?
- 13 Small Pleco Species Under 4.3″ in Adult SizePlecos are a very popular bottom-dwelling aquarium fish. Read this guide to discover 13 pleco species under 4.3” in adult size.
- 5 Easy Homemade Fish Food RecipesDid you know that you can make nutritious, vitamin-packed food for your fish? Read this guide to discover five easy homemade fish food recipes.
- 11 Types of Freshwater Aquarium Crabs And Complete Care GuideTo add an interesting invertebrate to your setup, consider crabs. Read this complete care guide and discover 11 freshwater aquarium crab species.
- Anubias – Plant Profile, Types, Propagation, And Care GuideAnubias is the perfect tropical aquatic plant for a beginner. Read this guide to find out how to care for Anubias.
- Kissing Gourami – Tank Mates, Size, Diet, and CareKissing gouramis are popular fish that can make a great addition to your tank. Read this guide to find out how to care for them.