35+ Years As An Aquarist
Alison Page has been an avid fish keeper since she was about 12 years old and has over 35 years of experience. She started off with a simple 10-gallon aquarium setup and two goldfish called Mister and Missus, although she never actually knew which was which!
For her 15th birthday, she was given a tropical fish setup, complete with tetras, guppies, and dwarf gouramis. She was hooked! To date, she has owned many different species of freshwater tropical fish, including cichlids, discus, bettas and piranhas. She’s also successfully raised numerous spawns of kribensis cichlids and bettas.
Alison currently has two large freshwater tanks. The first tank has two huge fancy goldfish who are almost ten years old and still looking as good as ever. In the other, she has a happy community of tiger barbs, green tiger barbs, Corydoras catfish, platys, and mollies.
Read More From Alison Page
- 5 Best Places To Buy Pleco Fish OnlineThere are lots of varieties of plecos, and they are a favorite with aquarists. But where’s the best place to buy pleco fish online? Read this guide to find out!
- 7 Best Places To Buy Gourami Fish OnlineGourami fish come in many varieties, and they are a perennial favorite with hobbyists. Where’s the best place to buy Gourami fish online? Read this guide to find out!
- Best Place To Buy African Cichlids OnlineAfrican cichlids are extremely popular freshwater aquarium fish due to their dazzling colors. Where’s the best place to buy African cichlids online? Read this guide to find out!
- Best Place To Buy Discus Fish OnlineDiscus fish are elegant, beautiful fish that are favorites in the hobby. So, where’s the best place to buy Discus fish online? Read this guide to find out!
- Funny, Adorable, And Popular Puffer Fish MemesPufferfish are comical to look at and full of personality. Here’s a selection of 15 funny, adorable, and popular pufferfish memes to make you smile.
- Tiny White Bugs In AquariumWhat are those tiny white bugs swimming around your marine aquarium? Can they harm your fish? Read this guide to find out!
- Betta Fish Temperature – Ideal Temperature For Your PetAre betta fish cold water or tropical? And what water temperature should a betta fish tank be? Read this comprehensive guide to find out.
- Breeding Freshwater Angelfish And Egg CareAngelfish are a perennial favorite in many freshwater tropical tanks. Read this guide to learn how to successfully breed angelfish and raise their fry.
- How Long Can a Fish Live Out of Water?Most fish can’t survive out of their aquatic environment for very long. But how long can a fish live out of water? Read this guide to find out.
- 19 Best Aquarium Plants to Reduce NitratesLive plants can help keep your aquarium water safe for your fish. Read this listicle to discover 19 aquatic plants that reduce nitrates.
- Pea Puffer Fish – Food, Facts, Habitat, Size, And CareThe Dwarf Puffer fish is a tiny critter with a big personality! Read this guide to learn the facts on how to care for the cute Dwarf Puffer.
- Pearl Gourami – Tankmates, Size, Feeding and CareThe Pearl gourami is a beautiful tropical aquarium fish that can make a lovely addition to any community tank. Here’s the ultimate care guide for the species.
- 17 Best Schooling Fish for Freshwater AquariumsShoals of brightly colored fish make a spectacular display in a fish tank. Read this guide to discover the 17 best schooling fish for freshwater aquariums.
- Walstad Method for Planted Tanks – Ideas & Setup GuideIf you’ve heard of the Walstad Method of setting up a tank, you might be wondering what that is and how it works. Read this guide to find out!
- Betta Fish Tumor – Symptoms, Causes, And TreatmentWhat is a betta fish tumor? What kinds of tumors can affect bettas? And can you cure betta fish tumors? Read this guide to find out.
- 37 Best Community Fish For Your Freshwater AquariumWhat are the best community fish species that you can keep in your freshwater aquarium? Read this guide to find out!