Aquarist – Writer
Wanda is a second-generation aquarist from the sunny tropics of Malaysia. She has been helping her father with his freshwater tanks since she was a toddler, and has fallen in love with the hobby ever since.
A perpetual nomad, Wanda does her best to integrate fish-keeping with her lifestyle, and has taken care of fish in three different continents. She loves how it provides a nice break from the hustle and bustle of life.
Her favourite part of fish-keeping? Observing the traits and quirks of every individual fish! From chasing to digging, fish are an adorable species with lots of personality, which makes taking care of them an extremely rewarding hobby.
Read More From Wanda C
- Maintaining Ph For Guppies – Your Ultimate Guide!Guppies prefer water that is slightly alkaline. But how do you keep things perfectly within range for your fish? This article tells you all you need to know!
- Do Guppies Need a Heater? Knowing The Right Temperature For Your Pet FishGuppies are hardy fish, but it doesn’t mean that you can get away with not using a heater. Learn how to choose the right heater for your tank in this article!
- When Do guppies get their color?Everyone appreciates guppies for their beautiful colors, but when exactly do they get them? And what affects the process? Find out everything you need to know!
- Why Are My Guppies Not Eating? Causes and Solutions!Are your guppies not eating? Find out what could be causing this strange situation and how to remedy it! Read on!
- Guppy Fry Care – Your Comprehensive Guide And More!Raising guppy fry can be a rewarding yet challenging endeavor. This article explains everything about caring for them at birth and raising them to adulthood.
- 21 Best Plants For GuppiesMost fish do best with live plants in their habitats, and guppies are no different. If you’re looking for ideas, check out our list of the best plants for guppies!
- Can Guppies Live in a Pond? Breeding, Care guides and More!Guppies are usually kept in indoor tanks, but can they be kept in outdoor ponds? Learn how to help your guppies thrive in this unique setup!
- Why Are Guppies Laying On the Bottom of TankGuppies are active, outgoing fish. But why do you sometimes find a guppy or two lying on the bottom of the tank? Read on to learn everything you need to know!
- Are Guppies Aggressive? Debunking Myths and Understanding Their True Nature!Are guppies aggressive? Read this guide to find out more about guppy aggression, what causes it, and how to prevent that behavior.
- Tiger Guppy Fish – Lifespan, Care Guides And More!The gorgeous tiger guppy fish is surprisingly easy to care for, as long as you meet their needs. Find out what this entails in our in-depth care guide!
- Will Guppies Eat Shrimp? Or Can They Live Together?Can guppies and shrimp live together in the same aquarium? Or will your shrimp be turned into guppy chow? Find out if these two different species can coexist!
- Do Guppies Eat Algae? Understanding Their Feeding HabitsWhen one thinks about algae-eating fish, guppies may not come to mind straight away. But do guppies eat algae? Read on to find out!
- Orange Guppy Fish – Lifespan, Care Guides And More!Orange guppies are eye-catching and lots of fun! This article tells you all you need to know about these charming little fish.
- Why Are My Guppies Dying? – Know Why And How To Prevent themAlthough guppies have a reputation for being hardy fish, many aquarists still end up with dead guppies. Here are some common reasons this may be the case.
- How to Stop Guppies From Breeding Effectively -Tips and MoreGuppies are notorious for being prolific breeders, causing many problems for fish keepers. Here’s how you can stop your guppies from breeding!
- Rainbow Fish and Guppies – Can They Live Together?Rainbow fish and guppies are unrivaled in their beauty, but do they make good tank mates? Check out our top tips for housing these fish in the same tank!