All About Aquariums
Here at Tankarium, we know that starting an aquarium can be an intimidating process. But it doesn’t have to be!
Welcome to Tankarium
When you join Tankarium, you become part of a welcoming community of folks dedicated to all things aquariums.
If your passion is fishkeeping, or if you’re interested in learning more about the hobby, then we hope you enjoy browsing our site!
Who Are We?
A community of highly experienced and passionate aquarists, who research, test and share knowledge in the aquarium and fishkeeping hobby.
We strive to simplify fishkeeping so that you can make better decisions when it comes to purchasing equipment or providing a healthy environment for your pet fish.
- Best Fish for 10 Gallon TanksWhat are the best fish for 10-gallon tanks, and how many fish can you fit inside one? We’ll teach you the art of stocking a small aquarium!
- Roseline Shark (Denison Barb) – Tank Mates and Care GuideThe Rosaline Shark or Denison Barb (Sahyadria denisonii) is a beautiful, active fish that makes an unusual community tank member. Here’s how to care for them.
- Bala Sharks: Complete Care Guide To Freshwater SharksIt’s not always easy to raise a group of fierce-looking Bala Sharks in a community tank, so learn how to care for and maintain a peaceful shark tank!
- Red Tail Sharks: Detailed Care and Species GuideThe Red Tail Shark is an active and attractive freshwater bottom dweller, but is a semi-aggressive algae eater a good fit for your aquatic community?
- Rainbow Shark (Epalzeorhynchos Frenatum) Care GuideThe Rainbow Shark (Epalzeorhynchos Frenatum) is a beautiful fish that makes an exciting addition to a community tank. Here’s how to care for these creatures.
- Blue Phantom Pleco: Catfish Care and Species GuideThe fabulous Blue Phantom Pleco is a midsize suckermouth catfish with stunning markings that’s ideal for community aquariums 50-gallons and up!
- Kuhli Loach (Pangio Kuhlii) – Habitat, Diet And CareThe Kuhli loach (Pangio Kuhlii) is a bottom-dwelling fish that works hard to clean your tank for you. Here’s how to care for these attractive loaches.
- Common Plecostomus: Complete Armored Catfish Care GuideThe Common Plecostomus is a popular and inexpensive catfish, but is this giant and aggressive algae eater a good option for your aquatic community?
- Sailfin Pleco (Pterygoplichthys Gibbiceps) – Care GuideThe Sailfin pleco (Pterygoplichthys Gibbiceps) is one of the most helpful aquarium fish! Here’s the ultimate care guide for this attractive, algae-eating fish.
- Colorful Clown Pleco: Complete Guide to Dwarf Algae EatersIf you’re looking for a colorful suckerfish that won’t outgrow a small aquarium, then check out our detailed CareGuide to the dwarf Clown Pleco!
- Best Fish for A 5-Gallon Tank and How Many Can You Fit?What are the best fish for a 5-gallon tank? And how many fishes can you fit in a 5-gallon aquarium? Find out in our comprehensive guide!
- Bristlenose Plecostomus: Algae Eater Care and Species GuideIf you’d like a functional algae eater that looks like an alien creature straight out of the movies, check out the peaceful Bristlenose Plecostomus!